As many book related discussions, this one got started on Twitter. Jen (Red Hot Books), Rachel (Parajunkee) and I was talking one day about how we've broke up with books/series.
Either because they are too long, we've lost interest, or the herione/hero is too stupid to live anymore. Whatever the reason, as a book reader I'm sure you all have dropped a book/series quicker than a prom queen looses her dress on promo night.
Series I've broken up with:
- Anita Blake -
- LOVED books 1-8. I want the old Anita back before all the orgies took over the plot.
- Merry Gentry -
- Anita 2.0. I stopped after book 3. It just seemed like LKH just changed the name of the characters. It was Anita and her men all over but with fae and name changes.
- Sookie Stackhouse -
- I DNF Deadlock after chapter 2 and I just don't care how the series ends.
- Queen Betsy -
- Betsy has not grown as a person. She's the same person she was in the 1st book. The series is a fun and light read but I still want some growth in my characters.
These have one foot out the door (soon to be exes?)
- Feral Warriors -
- Rise and Repeat romance plot. I have one more book on my shelf to read in this series and since I've spend the money on it I'm going to giving it a try but not sure I'll continue.
- Psy-Changeling -
- Rise and Repeat romance plot. I have one more book in the series on audio so I'll listen to it but really I just want to quit.
- Breeds -
- this series is hot and has a great over all story arc but really 24+ books. I'll read the two I have but not sure I'll get the newest releases unless there seems to be an end in site.
- Chicagoland Vampires -
- I have House Rules and I'll read it but after the last book being a little on the slow side, HR needs to blow me away for me to continue. I don't care if Ethan and Merit get together anymore. His running hot and cold has killed my love for him.
- Night Huntress -
- I hate to say this about a series I've LOVED but I feel like the magic of Cat & Bones has fizzed somewhat. I actually like the other characters more now. The last two books was just meh for me. I'll give the new release a go later this year but again like CV it needs to blow me away in order for me to continue. In my heart I've moved on the Vlad and his world.
Tell me, what books have you broke up with?
Don't forget to check out the other ladies' list.