Monday, March 4, 2013

UF Review: Keeping Secret by Sierra Dean


Keeping Secret
by Sierra Dean
Secret McQueen #4


It s a nice day for a white wedding. At least that s what Secret McQueen is hoping for, with her poofy-princess-dress marriage to a werewolf king looming closer and closer by the day. But as ever, nothing can be that easy for a vampire/werewolf hybrid for whom someone still harbors a death wish.

Summoned to the south by her werewolf uncle, who makes no bones about the fact her mate bond with Lucas doesn t pass muster, Secret learns her furry heritage looks more like a tangled vine than a family tree. Getting her royal uncle s blessing hinges on finding one of the missing twigs. Even with vampire sentry Holden Chancery at her side, she manages to land up to her neck in a swamp of trouble.

As an assassin s scope zeroes in, family dramas boil up and a fast-collapsing love square threatens to bury her alive, making it to the church on time could be the least of Secret s problems.

Warning: Contains a grumpy bride who shouldn t be wearing wedding white, a motley crew of bridesmaids, a dangerous scenic drive in the woods and a smoking-hot trio of suitors who might be too scorching to touch.



I've had Keeping Secret on my Nook every since it's release day back in July (2012). I've been dragging my feet on reading it because the upcoming wedding that was to take place between Secret and Lucas. I have rooted for a wedding to NOT happen so hard before. But with this month's release, Grave Secret I knew I had to suck it up and read to see what happened.

With the 1st line of the book "Vampires can't fly, but a grown man can if you throw him hard enough." I thought WTF had I waited so long, I totally missed Secret and her snark. I love this series.

If you haven't read the series here a quite run down. Secret is half werewolf and half vampire. She can't decide which world she wants to be part of so she tries to walk in both. She has not one but two werewolf lovers and a vampire that very much wants to be added to the list.

Lucas, the King of the East pack werewolves is the wolf Secret has agreed to marry even though she loves his second, Desmond more. But for the good of the pack Secret is going to take one for the team.

Holden is the vampire Secret has worked with for years as an assassin for the vampire council that she is now a member of. Secret promised Holden she would spend one night with him so with the hold book about Secret getting ready for her wedding to Lucas I thought what about Holden.

Emotions run high in this installment while Secret and Lucas' wedding day gets closer. They have to put out pack fires and Secret has to work on a problem with the vampire council. Secret is working her self thin with both worlds. It has come to her attention that she has to finally pick a world and soon. And in between all this other stuff she is dealing with she learns that she has siblings. Younger twin siblings; both werewolves, one boy and one girl.

Sierra Dean killed me with the ending and I wish I had Grave Secret NOW to read but I'll have to wait a few days for it to release (March 19th). And I can only hope that the big decision that Secret made in Keeping Secret sticks!!

I highly recommend the Secret McQueen series to anyone that's looking for a kick ass chick with fangs on occasion fur. Fans of Riley Jensen series will love this one.








Part of:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.